When can I renew my subscription?
Renewing full season subscribers can purchase their 2017-2018 subscriptions beginning March 24, 2017. Three concert renewing subscriptions will be on sale April 15, 2017.
How can I purchase a subscription?
Renewing full season subscribers can purchase:
- Online starting March 24, 2017 by clicking “Subscriber Login” in the upper right of your screen and logging into the subscriber portal
- By mail by returning your renewal invoice to:
1440 Broadway, Suite 405
Oakland, CA 94612
Everyone can purchase:
- Over the phone at (510) 444-0801
- In person at the Dvořák’s New World Symphony concert on March 31, 2017, or at Guys and Dolls on May 19, 2017.
- Online starting March 31, 2017.
Am I guaranteed my same seats next year?
YES! Most renewing full season subscribers are guaranteed their same seats for 2017-2018 if you renew by May 19, 2017. There are some sections that are closing for the 2017-2018 season (rows in balcony rear and orchestra rear) – those seats will not be available, but seats closer to the stage and at the same great prices are open!
Why does my subscription cost differently than last year?
A couple reasons! 1) We are adding a sixth subscription concert in the Classical Series, meaning you have one more concert ticket in your subscription, which increases the cost. 2) To reach our goal of making Oakland Symphony concerts an even better experience, every detail of the hall was analyzed, from where the lowest priced tickets are to when tickets go on sale. As a result, we have adjusted the price of seats in some sections. The majority of seats in the house are unaffected by these changes.
If I’m requesting different seats, how do you determine if you can fulfill my request?
Dozens of people want to switch their seats each season and many of them request the same popular seats, such as those on the aisles. Three factors determine your place in the line when seats fitting your request come available: your subscription history, your donor history, and the date you purchase your subscription.
If I’m requesting different seats, when will I know if you can fulfill my request?
Renewing subscribers are guaranteed their same seats until May 19, 2017. In early June, the seating process begins. By the end of June, we’ll be able to let you know if we can fulfill your request. You will find out either way.
When will I get my subscription tickets?
You will receive your subscription tickets by mail by the end of August.
I couldn’t purchase my Let Us Break Bread Together tickets online when I renewed my subscription!
Unfortunately, you’re right! Instead, after you renew your subscription, you will receive an email confirmation with the link to purchase tickets to Break Bread at the subscriber discount. Subscribers receive a special discount on tickets to Break Bread, as well as the opportunity to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the public.
Single Tickets and Beyond
Do you offer student discounts?
A limited number of significantly discounted student tickets are available online for many of our concerts 1-2 weeks in advance. Check the concert page on our website or our Facebook page prior to each concert for details.
What if I bought tickets and I can’t make it anymore?
You have two great options:
- Exchange your tickets for another Oakland Symphony concert! This service is 100% FREE for subscribers and only $5 for single ticket buyers, and you’ll still have the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic concert.
- Still can’t make it? Donate your tickets back to the Symphony. You will receive a fully tax deductible donation (Oakland Symphony is a 501(c)3 organization, Tax ID 94-3081554) for doing so and open up your seat for another patron. You can use our online form or fax an image of your torn tickets to (510) 444-0863.
Can I get a refund?
We do not offer refunds on ticket purchases. However, if you can’t make the concert, there are two other great options – please see the question titled “What if I bought tickets and I can’t make it anymore?” above.