Each summer, the Oakland Symphony Chorus hosts a Summer Sing-Ins series. Each Sing-In focuses on a major work or style of music and is open to anyone in the community. It is your opportunity to experience singing in a large chorus and be part of the music making. Sing-Ins are led by some of the leading conductors of the Bay Area. Past conductors have included Lynne Morrow, Vance George, Michael Morgan, and Sanford Dole.
Summer Sing-Ins 2018
Please note that Sing-Ins are on Wednesday nights from 7-9:30pm
Sing and learn about these choral masterworks at the 2018 Summer Sing-Ins, led by some of the Bay Area’s best conductors.
- July 11, 2018 – Valerie Sainte-Agathe, SF Girl’s Chorus: Mozart Requiem
- July 18, 2018 – Michael Morgan, Oakland Symphony: Brahms Requiem
- July 25, 2018 – Kevin Fox, Director, Marin Symphony Chorus: Rachmaninoff-Vespers
- August 1, 2018 – Arnold Lee, Oakland Symphony Chorus: Handel’s Messiah
- August 8, 2018 – Dr. Lynne Morrow, Oakland Symphony Chorus: Verdi Requiem
- August 15, 2018 – Andrew Brown, Pacific Boychoir Academy: Faure and Durufle Requiems
Price: $15 per class.
Venue: Museum of Children’s Art (MOCHA)
1625 Clay Street, Suite 100 Oakland (Entrance on 17th Street)
Transit: The venue is located just 2 blocks from 19th or 14th Street BART and multiple AC transit lines. There is street parking available, just you are encouraged to use a lot. If you use the Daziel lot (on 16th between San Pablo and Clay), bring your token to the Sing-In and validate it for a discount!