Each summer, the Oakland Symphony Chorus hosts a Summer Sing-Ins series. Each Sing-In focuses on a major work or style of music and is open to anyone in the community. It is your opportunity to experience singing in a large chorus and be part of the music making. Sing-Ins are led by some of the leading conductors of the Bay Area. Past conductors have included Lynne Morrow, Vance George, Michael Morgan, and Sanford Dole.
Summer Sing-Ins 2017
Please note that this season’s Sing-Ins are on Wednesday nights from 7-9:30pm
Sing and learn about these choral masterworks at the 2017 Summer Sing-Ins, led by some of the Bay Area’s best conductors. Tickets are just $15 each or buy a pass to the entire series for $75 and get 6 workshops for the price of 5.
- July 12, 2017 Brahms Requiem, Michael Morgan, conductor
- July 19, 2017 Fauré & Rachmaninoff, Marika Kuzma, conductor
- July 26, 2017 Beethoven Mass in C, Buddy James conductor
- August 2, 2017 Bach’s Magnificat & Musical Theater Bryan Nies, conductor
- August 9, 2017 Mozart Mass in C, Sandford Dole, conductor
- August 16, 2017 Mozart’s Requiem & Music of Greg Murai, Arnold Lee, conductor
Venue: Museum of Children’s Art (MOCHA)
1625 Clay Street, Suite 100 Oakland (Entrance on 17th Street)
Price: $15 online/walk up